Saturday, March 29, 2008

We have all done a lot of fun things this week,

However, as an introduction to the posts which will most likely come about it all, I wanted to say this- The week for me has been about ignoring. Let me tell you how.

Each day of the past week has been better and better. Today, for example, we went to Balboa and laid about on the beach all day until we decided to take a walk around Balboa island. Together we were soaking up the sun. The weather was perfect and there were sailboats which were just creeping by along the horizon.

I am choosing to ignore the passage of time.

I am choosing to ignore it just as I am choosing to ignore the pink tinge on my arms. I know I have to go back to school tomorrow but I am ignoring it. Because this moment is too beautiful to waste. Someday when I am in a snowy state far from here and feeling a little blue, I will remember this week when I chose to ignore it all. I will recall how I was once twenty and laying on a beach staring at the tips of palm trees and sharing sun screen with four of my favorite people in the world.

Also, Jenny got crapped on today.

No comments: